Who Benefits from Infrared Sauna Sessions?
Infrared saunas benefit people of all ages (over eight years old) and are great for overall wellness, the cardiovascular system, and for detoxification. Infrared saunas have been beneficial for those with the following conditions:
Type II Diabetes
(symptoms related to)
High Blood Pressure
Impaired Heart Function
Low Blood Circulation
Did you know?
• Near Infrared is the shortest wavelength but penetrates the deepest.
• Mid infrared temporarily increases circulation, blood flow and temporarily elevates heart rate and overall metabolism.
• Far infrared is the closest of the wavelengths to the infrared heat given off by our own body. It temporarily enhances and strengthens our energy levels.
Why we use Infrared Saunas Vs Traditional and Steam Saunas
The main difference is how they use heat. Traditional saunas use a single heater that is heating the air which then heats the user.
Infrared saunas use advanced therapy to promote heat generation in the body with only a small percentage of the heat heating the air. This results in a deeper sweat and at a lower ambient air temperature. Infrared saunas usually operate between 115° – 135°F, while traditional saunas can get up to 195°F.
Infrared saunas provide all the relaxation benefits along with the increased health benefits at a much more comfortable temperature. Infrared saunas are also dry saunas and many users find this makes for a more comfortable sauna session.
What is Chromotherapy?
Bathing in color elevates your mood, stimulates, cell regeneration, produces a soothing mindset, and aids in healing. It is safe for the eyes and cannot be overused.
Using the Infrared Saunas:
Infrared saunas are safe to use, but like any wellness treatment, users should abide by a few precautions:
- Do not use alcohol prior to or during an infrared sauna session. Alcohol increases the risk of dehydration in an environment that already causes significant perspiration. Alcohol also increases the risk of hypotension and arrhythmia.
- Build up a heat tolerance during your initial sauna sessions. As you get used to the heat, slowly increase your time.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water – you must replace the fluids you sweat out so it’s important to drink water before, during, and after your session.
"I haven't felt this way since I visited the Dead Sea."
"Wow! Breathe is an amazing place! You get relaxation and you get infused with healthy salt air while you relax in a stunning room with salt on the floors and zero gravity chairs. I am so excited and grateful that Johnson Creek has a wonderful place called "Breathe". If you want true relaxation, go to Breathe. I love how private the saunas are. A very nice selection of salt products for purchase. All of the rooms are beautifully appointed."
"I am so excited for Breath S&S to be here in Johnson Creek. I am passionate about health and wellness and always looking for natural ways to improve my life and the lives of those I love. I'm hoping this is just the beginning for JC to have healthy options and more diversity in the area… I'm looking forward to visiting often and watching your growth and success! Thank you for this experience!"
"I felt I could relax and not be judged. Quiet resting place to recover after a long day, hard workout, whatever the reason. I encourage it!"
"I loved the experience of the salt room, breathing in the salts was detoxifying and relaxing!"
"Salt room enhanced my meditation experience. I could see value in using it as an inspirational tool in enhancing breath and inviting creative inspiration and expansion... It became an emotionally cleansing experience for me."